Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to reinstall mouse using Keyboard in Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 19-04-2010

How to reinstall mouse using Keyboard in Windows XP

I am using a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer. My mouse was having some issue. So I went in Device Manager and right clicked on it. Accidentally I hit uninstall. The mouse stopped working completely. I need some help here. I am having my keyboard only as working. How can I reinstall this again. I have no idea of doing this through keyboard. There must be some kind of way to fix it. It is a PS2 keyboard. I tried to replug it but Windows is not detecting it at all.

Old 28-04-2010

Just restart your system. The mouse will be installed automatically. I hope you had not disabled it. Because if you had done that you will need to use the keyboard to navigate in device manager and then enable it back again. You can use the mouse keys. There are settings in Control Panel through which you can convert your number keys to mouse keys. They work slowly but effective in this type of issues.
Old 29-04-2010

You can use the tab keys. It will allow you to move from one window to another. For right click you can use the context menu key located next windows key on keyboard. You can use tab to go desktop and then the context menu key to open right click menu and the arrow bars to move up and down. Space is used for check marks.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,