Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Going back from SATA AHCI to SATA IDE again?

XP Hardware

Old 15-11-2008

Hello forum members,

I had just gotten external drive with an eSATA connector, and after connecting it up and it wasn't recognized and showing up, I unknowingly and eagerly went into my BIOS and accidentally changed a setting to enable AHCI and now my internal SATA hd does not boot up anymore.

I had even installed the eSATA adapter, but I think the simple answer back then was to refresh or rescan for hardware changes...but unfortunately...

Is there any way to go back to IDE again without doing a clean install? I'm not very familiar with this and everything I've found was mostly for going from IDE->AHCI..

Thanks in advance.

Old 28-05-2011

Re: Going back from SATA AHCI to SATA IDE again?

This are directly related to your hardware support and for that hardware changes are must. That directly effects on the working of operating system. So for that you can try using an controller which can provide you connection for ide interface. That too if you have an similar type of hard drive. Otherwise your system will not at all detect the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,