Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USB mouse and PS2 keyboard not working

XP Hardware

Old 06-11-2009

USB mouse and PS2 keyboard not working

Before I started getting the problem as mentioned in Subject, I was actually facing some problems with CD Rom on this Windows XP desktop. While searching for solution for the same I came through KB KB314060. They have mentioned to enter Registry and delete upper filter and lower filter. Well I did the same but CD drive problem remained as it is instead things got worst. Since then my USB mouse and PS2 keyboard are not working. They don?t even work in Safe Mode.

To ensure if Keyboard/mouse are not faulty I tried connecting them with another computer and they are working very fine there. So is there any way to fix these problems without re-installing the entire OS? Please help.

Old 07-11-2009

Re: USB mouse and PS2 keyboard not working

It sure that the changes done in registry have caused the problem with Mouse and Keyboard. By the way did you tried connecting PS2 keyboard/mouse? Are they working? if yes, then connect the same, boot into safe mode and do a System restore to a point where system was working fine. Make sure that you have enabled the PS2 from BIOS to make them work.
Old 11-11-2009

Re: USB mouse and PS2 keyboard not working

Thank you very much for your replay Sidharth but nope, even PS2 mouse or keyboards are not working any more.

Any other help please?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,