Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

XP Hardware


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-10-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 55
USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

I am constantly getting a error on my screen related to usb drive performance. The message appears in system tray that the usb device can perform faster. I had attached a usb mouse and pen drive on the front port. I checked all the available ports but somehow it does not work properly. I tried to re-install the port a number of time but it still did not worked. How to block this message.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 56
It is not a error. The usb that you are using a high speed device that you are using on a older port. That is why you are keep on getting that message. You can ignore that. This message will keep on appearing whenever you put a high speed or higher standard usb device on the older ports.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 5
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Hello everyone. Just joined & first time poster! I too am having probs with the "this device can perform faster message" & the "connect to a high speed port" message. Using XP on Acer Aspire netbook. Every time the machine is moved even by an inch or so one or both messages will appear, together with the icon i the lower toolbar. I have searched properties under "my computer" & hardware headings but can find no anomalies as far as my extremely limited abilities can tell. There are no devices attached to the ports & when one is, will operate normally with no messages displayed. Grateful for any ideas. Thanks. "J"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,592
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1952 View Post
Hello everyone. Just joined & first time poster! I too am having probs with the "this device can perform faster message" & the "connect to a high speed port" message. Using XP on Acer Aspire netbook. Every time the machine is moved even by an inch or so one or both messages will appear, together with the icon i the lower toolbar. I have searched properties under "my computer" & hardware headings but can find no anomalies as far as my extremely limited abilities can tell. There are no devices attached to the ports & when one is, will operate normally with no messages displayed. Grateful for any ideas. Thanks. "J"
The message normally pops up when you put in an older USB drive and tells you it can perform faster. Click on the balloon message to see a list of available USB 2.0 ports. At the bottom of the This Device Can Perform Faster window, uncheck the box Tell me if my device can perform faster then close the window and you will no longer get that message.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 5
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertz View Post
The message normally pops up when you put in an older USB drive and tells you it can perform faster. Click on the balloon message to see a list of available USB 2.0 ports. At the bottom of the This Device Can Perform Faster window, uncheck the box Tell me if my device can perform faster then close the window and you will no longer get that message.
Thanks; I have tried clicking on the balloon message & I get the list of ports but the window is headed hi speed USB device attached to USB port. Then a warning triangle referring to webcam. The box referred to, to uncheck does not appear but a recommendation to connect webcam to hi speed port does. I am not using nor have I ever used an external webcam & only the built in one to take "avatar" pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 31-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,273
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1952 View Post
Thanks; I have tried clicking on the balloon message & I get the list of ports but the window is headed hi speed USB device attached to USB port. Then a warning triangle referring to webcam. The box referred to, to uncheck does not appear but a recommendation to connect webcam to hi speed port does. I am not using nor have I ever used an external webcam & only the built in one to take "avatar" pictures.
Does that mean that you have a laptop, since you have a built in webcam? If so then what is the make or model of this laptop that you have? Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the webcam and see if that helps?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 5
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
Does that mean that you have a laptop, since you have a built in webcam? If so then what is the make or model of this laptop that you have? Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the webcam and see if that helps?
Hi Einstein..
Yes a netbook as I posted in my original question. Acer Aspire One (I think the model designation is ZG8). Sorry to appear obtuse but I'm not sure how to uninstall &/or reinstall the driver.

Thanks for your assistance....

"Edit"...I can uninstall the webcam via all programs, but not sure if this is the same thing but am at a bit of a loss when it comes to reinstalling.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,800
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1952 View Post
Hi Einstein..
Yes a netbook as I posted in my original question. Acer Aspire One (I think the model designation is ZG8). Sorry to appear obtuse but I'm not sure how to uninstall &/or reinstall the driver.

Thanks for your assistance....

"Edit"...I can uninstall the webcam via all programs, but not sure if this is the same thing but am at a bit of a loss when it comes to reinstalling.
You should have got a cd/dvd along with the Acer Aspire One laptop which contains all the drivers for webcam and other hardware components. Go to start, then control panel and then select Add and Remove options. In there you will find the webcam driver listed, simply uninstall it and then reinstall the drivers from the cd/dvd.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 5
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.j. View Post
You should have got a cd/dvd along with the Acer Aspire One laptop which contains all the drivers for webcam and other hardware components. Go to start, then control panel and then select Add and Remove options. In there you will find the webcam driver listed, simply uninstall it and then reinstall the drivers from the cd/dvd.
Sorry but it's a NETBOOK not a laptop & therefore has no CD/DVD drive. I have un-installed the webcam & re-installed the same version via the usual network of semi dodgy websites. Result webcam not working properly & problem not solved either.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 31-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 5
re: USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1952 View Post
Sorry but it's a NETBOOK not a laptop & therefore has no CD/DVD drive. I have un-installed the webcam & re-installed the same version via the usual network of semi dodgy websites. Result webcam not working properly & problem not solved either.
Edit: further driver now reinstalled & camera working. Original problem also very much improved. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "USB Device can Perform Faster message on Windows xp"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Continous USB can perform faster message on HP-HDX16 laptop Whitfield Windows Software 5 02-05-2011 11:23 AM
How to disable ?This device can perform faster? balloon in Windows 7? Smita.bendal Operating Systems 3 15-01-2010 06:22 PM
Supressing the "this device can perform faster" message Cris Han Windows XP Support 2 12-09-2009 07:12 PM
The USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a High SpeedUSB 2.0 port Jose Windows XP Support 6 21-01-2009 09:01 PM
Which RAM will perform Faster? 2x1024 or 1x2048 Maryna Motherboard Processor & RAM 4 11-11-2008 07:18 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:43 AM.