Thread: Blue Screen - Bad Pool Header and others

Blue Screen - Bad Pool Header and others

I need urgent attention for my PC. It is XP Pro with which am struggling lot since past few weeks as I use to get many unexpected shutdowns and BSODs. So far tried many things but nothing helped. Anyways, I’ll fix it my own but today I found one thing that surprised me and I came here.

When I checked the Event viewer for the errors, I saw this:
    "The Pacific Image Electronics USB Scanner service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. "

It was surprising because I uninstalled this scanner long long ago with all its reference files and folders then how come is it still there in my system and why windows is looking for it? Any idea?

Re: Blue Screen - Bad Pool Header and others

First of all I will suggest you to download this Microsoft tool which will help you to identify what loads when you boot: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys.../Autoruns.mspx. Mean while send me the complete Stop Error Bug Check Code to analyze the problem properly.

Thanks for your reply friend but that tool wasn’t helpful for me. Anyways, was is this you were asking for:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: Friday/04/09/2009
    Time: 19:01:10
    User: N/A
    Computer: JOHN-D7FA0F3DD3
    Description:
    The Pacific Image Electronics USB Scanner service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

What now?

Nope, I wasn’t asking for this. I want the error codes you get on the BlueScreen. If your system just restarts itself on blue screen and you are not able to read the error than disable automatic restart on system failure. This should help by allowing time to write down the STOP code properly. You can do this by going to My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Start-Up and Recovery > System Failure and uncheck box before Automatically Restart. That’s it.