Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Fixmbr does fix mbr on Windows XP system

XP Hardware

Old 06-08-2009

Fixmbr does fix mbr on Windows XP system

I am getting issue on my system after running recovery. I had created a image file of Windows XP through Recovery. But after restoration there is just a black screen. The desktop just does not loads. I had tried to use fixmbr but still nothing happens. I think the bootloader is affected and fixmbr can put things back to normal. But somehow Windows is not loading up. Last time when I had used recovery disc things were fine. The system was properly restored and there was no issue at all.

Old 07-08-2009

Try to run chkdsk and then see. Are you able to get on your login screen. If not then the recovery file cannot help you much here. It is recommended that you format your system completely and install windows from scratch. And then on that basis create a working recovery image of your system.
Old 09-08-2009

The issue that you are facing is due to screwed up partitions. I do not think there is a possibility by which you can restore it. There are tools that can guide you to restore the partitions but there is very less chances that it works well. You can use a repair setup of Windows to get the settings back, but do a fresh installation. It will offer more stability. Chkdsk on the same hand will offer you information on any drive errors.
Old 18-11-2009

The fix MBR command in the recovery console ALWAYS gives the message about a non-standard drive etc. It makes it sound like your computer will blow up if you execute this command. Simply type "Y" and it will fix your mbr.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,