Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Using Multiple Monitors: Graphics Card + Motherboard VGA

XP Hardware

Old 15-05-2009

Using Multiple Monitors: Graphics Card + Motherboard VGA

I have bought a second monitor for my system having discrete graphic card and Motherboard VGA card but i am not able to get both monitors working after connecting one to the graphic card and the other to the VGA one. I have followed the instruction that game with the graphic card and i don't think i am missing out anything. I have checked out the cable, i have checked out the card is seated properly and every possible thing from my side but no avail. Anyways let me know if you all doubt any thing that i might have missed, ill cross check it out. I just want to get the dual monitor working somehow, thanks in advance.

Old 15-05-2009

I guess you haven't switched primary video card setting to Internal Motherboard graphics i.e your Motherboard VGA card. In that case just go in to bios and simply set primary video card to Internal Motherboard graphics and you should be able to get both monitor working at the same time, check it out and post back the result you get.
Old 23-08-2009

Re: Using Multiple Monitors: Graphics Card + Motherboard VGA

Hey that worked and you were very right, primary video card was set to the newly installed graphic card. In fact i only had made the changes using the software that came along with the graphics card but i forgot. Now i have set primary video card to Motherboard VGA card and both monitors have started receiving signal and they are working fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,