Thread: USB bootable maker: Diff between "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"?

USB bootable maker: Diff between "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"?

Hi, I’m using a HP Laptop with Windows XP and was searching for a toll to create bootable USB drive. As the laptop is HP, I preferred to search if HP is having any such tool. Fortunately found but there are two tools for the same, named as "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool."

As per their description both seems to be creating bootable USB stick but what is the difference between both of them? With which one should I go? Thanks for your Advices.

Re: USB bootable maker: Diff between "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"?

As per their names it appears like "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" is the one that create bootable drives but I tried it with mine and is not working. I guess it requires only HP USB sticks. In my case it just gets stuck where it asks me to enter the drive letter which it never allow me to do.

Re: USB bootable maker: Diff between "HP Drive Key Boot Utility" and "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool"?

I guess both of these files are important to complete the process because if you have none HP USB stick then you will need to first format the drive using the second tool in order to create a boot sector to accommodate the boot files. Once done, the first tool will install the booting files.

I have done these things couple of years ago hence I said but remember am not sure. If you cant you can give it a try but I think am not wrong as well.