Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USB Card reader has lost AUTORUN facility

XP Hardware

Old 01-03-2009

USB Card reader has lost AUTORUN facility

The autorun functionality of the USB multi card reader has been lost recently. I also tried the 'Autorun.exe' application but that didnt work for me. If I am trying to insert an SD Card then a little window used to pop up asking for what applications I want to open the images with, now it is not popping up at all. Is there anything that has to do with registry keys? Can anyone help me out.

Old 01-03-2009

Re: USB Card reader has lost AUTORUN facility

You can try to download the TweakUI from here which is a free program created by Microsoft that lets you access some options for some reason that is not accessible. Organized into sections, from Tweak UI Powertoy you can customize mouse options, File Explorer, Internet, dialog boxes, Start Menu, Desktop and user accounts, and many other things.
Old 01-03-2009

Re: USB Card reader has lost AUTORUN facility

I tried the Tweak UI and it did not work for me. But later on I found a solution. I followed a post where they have said that I need to delete some registry entries. So, after when I deleted the registry keys then I ran the Autofix.exe for the removable for the removable drives that were in question. After that I restarted the computer and clicked on 'My Computer/ Xdrive/properties/autoplay/picture files/prompt/apply. Then I inserted an SD card in the computer and the Autoplay dialogue window came back and gave different options as well.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,