Thread: There are no active mixer devices available

There are no active mixer devices available

I am not quiet able to understand what I had did here. The system was working well. But some there was a error related to Active mixture device. I checked in Device Manager and there is no errors at all. I went into the bios also about the sound chip. It looks to be working. But somehow there is no audio at all. I checked on msconfig also and found that the audio driver is configured to load on startup. I am having a sound card on my system. I am not using the onboard audio. Is that is what is the cause of issue. How can I set the sound card as my default option to listen audio.

Now active audio mixture means there is no sound in your system. I had faced this problem on a Sony Vaio system. There was audio hardware installed on it. But somehow the audio was not working. In Volume Manager I can find two different audio mixture. When I changed the same it started working. There was sound and there was no issue at all. There can be some kind of additional drivers installed in your system which is causing the failure. Try to re-install the audio drive and then check again.

Yes this is a driver issue. You can try to re-install it back again. Multiple audio mixture appears when there are different drivers working in your system. You must try to use the one which works. You can test that one by one by activating it. It is always a issue to get rid of multiple mixtures and activate the one that is working.

Re: i tried to do this before...

Just go in Device Manager, right click on the audio device and uninstall it. Then restart your system. Windows will try to re-install the audio driver with default mixture. If fails to find it you can use your motherboard driver cd and install it back again.

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, Go to Control Panel and Other Hardware, and then click ADD HARDWARE. I sometimes get this error and it solves after restarting.