Thread: Recycle Bin on USB Stick?

Recycle Bin on USB Stick?

I have got a 8gb USB drive and it seems to have space tied up with deleted files that I am not able to find. When checked in Windows then it will only show hald the space available, even though it will not display any files. I tried to run the drive storage analysis app (disk pie) on it and it is showing a large amount of associated space with recycle files. So it seems to me that there is a recycle bin on the drive that is holding the previously deleted files. After that I tried to reformat the drive but got some errors. I had also ensured that hidden files were displayed but still nothing. Can anyone give me some solutions on how to correct this issue? Thank you.

Re: Recycle Bin on USB Stick?

You didnt specify what kind of error you were getting when you tried to reformat the drive? As per the error message or the error code, we will be able to get some information about diagnosing the problem that you have.

Re: Recycle Bin on USB Stick?

When you plugged in your memory stick then did you try to right click on the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop and then looked at the Properties? Incase the Recycle Bin is turned on for the memory stick then immediately turn it off. It could be also possible that System Restore might have been activated for that device which would eat up space as well, so try to turn that off as well.

It will be helpful if you can let us know the model, make and the different features of the USB stick that you have? There are some flash drives that come with security software to hide some space on the same drive. There are also other that come with U3 system that acts like a CD drive and lets you have applications autostart from the flash drive itself. And because of all this enhanced feature, the reformat can be blocked.