Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

PC won't recognize DVD Drive

XP Hardware

Old 12-01-2009

PC won't recognize DVD Drive

I have got a DVD-RW drive installed on my computer and my pc is not able to recognize it at all. I am also not able to open the dvd drive and it is not even listed in my computer? I have another DVD which is detected fine but this DVD-RW is not detected at all. It was working fine previously but all of a sudden why it started giving problem.

Old 12-01-2009

Re: PC won't recognize DVD Drive

Did you confirm that the data and power cables are seated properly in the drive or not?
Old 12-01-2009

Can you tell us when the pc boot process starts then does the DVD-RW drive show up or not? What I mean about the boot process is the sequence start up that list outs the computers components before the Windows XP boot. Incase you are not able to see the process then try to get into BIOS screen and then check if the DVD-RW drive is listed or not.
Old 12-01-2009

Are you able to see the drive during the start in Bios?

There could be a loose power cable that might be inside the computer?

Have you tried to connect any new devices that uses the power?
Old 23-02-2009

You can try to fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then, click Run now button from the Automated Troubleshooting Services page and follow the steps in this wizard given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware