Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

I/O error on Toshiba laptop while using a new usb drive

XP Hardware

Old 07-01-2009

I/O error on Toshiba laptop while using a new usb drive

I have a Panasonic Toughbook laptop. I purchased a new Sandisk 4GB stick. This is a new drive and when I connect it to the laptop I am getting a I/O error on the screen. The drive light glows up but there is nothing on the screen. I cannot copy songs or use the drive. In my computer the drive is listed as J. When I click on it I am getting a not accessible error. I have a desktop also where the drive works quiet fine.

Old 07-01-2009

The error is related to some hardware failure in your system. Did you tried to use that on some other port. Go in Disk Management and see that the usb is available in that or not. Try to format it and then check back. I am sure this can be fixed by updating the drivers of usb drive. You can try to find some new updates for your motherboard and then run that in your system. It will work properly.
Old 08-01-2009

The first thing you must do is go on the official website and find proper drivers for your system. Second connect the usb drive and go in Device Manager. Do you find any device listed there with a x mark. If yes then right click on that and enable it. Then restart your pc and check again. This looks like some kind of connectivity failure. Go in your bios at last and ensure that all usb option are enabled. Many bios comes with feature to enable and disable usb ports on the laptop.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,