Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My Computer icon deleted. How to get it back on my desktop ?

XP Hardware

Old 30-12-2008

My Computer icon deleted. How to get it back on my desktop ?

I was just doing some R&D on my computer and I accidentally deleted My Computer icon and the only one that is now there is the newer start menu view which I dont like at all. I want to use Classic View but I am surprised that Windows wont let me delete it? I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 on my computer and can anyone tell me how to restore the icon back. Thanks

Old 31-12-2008

Re: My Computer icon deleted. How to get it back on my desktop ?

You can try to click on Start and then go to Control Panel and then click on Display and then click on desktop tab and then advanced button and put a checkmark for my computer.
Old 31-12-2008

Re: My Computer icon deleted. How to get it back on my desktop ?

Thanks for the wonderful answer, that just worked out of the box.
Old 31-12-2008

You can also try to click on Start and then look at the right sire of the main start menu where you will see the My Computer as well. What you can do here is either click on it and then hold the My Computer and then drag it to the desktop or simply right click on it and the look at the options, one of them will be to send to desktop or show on desktop. Hope this also helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware