Thread: XP doesn't see Mobile Mouse 3000

XP doesn't see Mobile Mouse 3000

I have bought a new MSI Wind U100420US which doesnt have bluetooth and am running Windows XP with service pack 3 on it. Also, today I purchased a new Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 and as soon as the receiver went into the usb port, a new hardware was found in Windows XP. But even though the mouse didnt work, I have ensured that the battery is installed but the cursor will not move at all and the clicks also dont work. I went into Control Panel > Mouse and did some troubleshooting, and though Xp is saying that the device is working properly, but it isnt. I also tried to connect the receiver to the other usb ports but still it didnt do anything. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem?

Re: XP doesn't see Mobile Mouse 3000

Have you tried connecting it to a different computer? Also, have you tried to re-sync the signal, just press the small connect button on the mouse and then try to connect the mouse to the computer.

I havent connected to other computer but I plugged in a wired mouse to the same usb port and it worked properly. So, I tried to do the sync procedure mentioned by, although I had no idea what it was supposed to do. I started fooling around with the sync buttongs on the receiver and then button on the mouse and after some couple of presses the pointer came to life on the screen. Thanks for the suggestions, but will I have to to this sync procedures regularly?

I think that you will only need to re-sync the mouse when it will stop responding, as it was noticed that the signals can get really mixed up in a "noisy" environment, that is for computer wireless devices. The connection usually gets lost all of a sudden and you wont even know why it did so.

There should be some plug and play features for this issue, I have tried many things and also tried to press the connect buttons serveral times but it is not working for me, the battery is also new in the device. I think that the best option left for me is to return the mouse and get a new one that will be hassle free from all this wireless connection.