Thread: Idt High Definition Audio codec

Idt High Definition Audio codec

i have no sound,i have just build in a new motherboard and now i have no sound,
    systems shows that Idt High Defination Audio codec "This device cannot start"
    But that it is not the Driver "driver is enabled and functioning properly"can somone give me a clue....

re: Idt High Definition Audio codec

After installing the new motherboard did you installed all the drivers from the CD you got with the new Mobo or just few required ones? You should always install each and every driver provided in that.

yes i did and uninstalled it, then one from widows still didnt work and then from the internet,all of them says they are working so i really dont think its the driver

You can get the required drivers from here, IDT’s official website http://www.idt.com/products/getDoc.cfm?docID=18462225 but first you will need to get IDT part numbers mentioned on your mobo. The HDAudio ones will need the Microsoft UAA driver installed first.

Even I used to face similar kind of problems and was getting same error. What i did to solve this issues was, i just simply visited the manufacturer's website and then downloaded the latest drivers for the device installed in my pc and then installed it. Obviously you need to uninstall the current drivers that are installed on your machine first for the same device and then download the new one and install it.

If you have windows xp and you are facing the same problem then you can even try to troubleshoot this sound issue by following the below steps:

1. First right click on your "my computer" icon on your desktop and click on properties.
    2. Then click on the hardware tab that is listed above and select device manager.
    3. Expand the device manager and if there's a yellow question mark next to the name of the sound card in Device Manager, there might be a problem.
    4. Simply, right click on it and then roll back drivers and it will install its required drivers

You need to also check the power and volume of the speaker whether it is not turned off or muted respectively. This is particularly important for laptops, which often have small speakers that can be hard to hear. If that is the case then open Volume Mixer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then, under Sound, clicking Adjust system volume and then moving the slider up to increase the volume.