Thread: Software update for Microsoft Lifecam VX - 1000

Software update for Microsoft Lifecam VX - 1000

I cannot update the software version of Microsoft Lifecam VX - 1000 web camera. The camera has stopped working suddenly. I found a solution on web that upgrading the software will fix the issue. But I am not able to run that. I tried to download the new edition manually and then performed the setup. But still the camera is not working. Does anyone is also facing the same kind of issue.

Go in Device Manager and then see whether the camera is installed or not. It happens the camera has lost the drivers due to which it remains pending to detect. You can try connecting it back again or fixing the driver updates. Uninstall the old software completely and then try to re-install it from scratch. It is important that the driver must be first installed properly so that it keeps on working.

I am having the exact same problem! Did you ever find a resolution? Even the Microsoft Tech couldn't come up with it! (other than re-installing XP). I also tried a "clean boot" and ran an "sfc /scannow to no avail. Thanks for the help! I got the camera working, but now I get a similar error with Windows Live Messenger! I will try to install a previous version and see what happens. Again, I appreciate your response! Negative! Tried installing the older version, but was given no choice except to upgrade to the latest one. I got the camera and Windows Live Messenger to work independently, but as soon as I try to make a video call, I get static for sound and a "Windows Live Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close." The instant messaging feature did work between my desktop and downstairs laptop however.

re: Software update for Microsoft Lifecam VX - 1000

You are facing that issue due to improper drivers. It is recommended that you find the right one and then check back. Windows update is one of the best option to do that. You can find the update through Windows Update utility in control panel. Run the same and then see the camera is working fine or not.

The only way I got drivers to work was to update the driver through the "Device Manager". To do that the device must be hooked up to show up in the device listing. The drivers did not come with an installer. The "inf' files that were present would not install by themselves. But I appreciate your suggestion.