Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

There is no DVD drive detected on Windows XP installation

XP Hardware

Old 04-11-2008

There is no DVD drive detected on Windows XP installation

I am using Windows XP SP2 on my system. There are two different DVD drive on the system. The one is working and the other one remains undetected. I had attached a printer also. I am using the DVD drive to install printer drivers. But when I insert disc it remains undetected. I had checked in Device Manager and found that the DVD is not detected. Only one is working. Both were working before. How to get this fix.

Old 04-11-2008

Go in BIOS and see whether the DVD drive is detected or not. If it is available then the issue lies with Windows. It can be a driver issue. You can simply try changing the cable of the dvd drive and ensure that it remains detected. Most of the time basic driver update fixes the problem but if that is not working then simply use the other one.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,