Thread: 1394 PCI Card Driver not found after Windows XP installation

1394 PCI Card Driver not found after Windows XP installation

I cannot install 1394 Adapter on Windows XP. I had formatted and freshly installed windows. The drivers looks be to working but somehow there is a error everytime on boot. The system finds some new hardware connected. It is a bit complicated to find the right option for it. I am not having any original disc that offers me proper driver for the same. How can I make this thing work. Thanks.

Did you tried Windows Update. After when you had done with configuration of your system, you can run Windows Update to find appropriate updates for the same. There are ample of things that can be fixed by running Windows Update. If still you are not able to find the drivers, then it is better recommended that you visit the official manufacturers website of your motherboard. There you can find the right drivers to make your system work properly.

What is the model of your motherboard. Search for drivers on that basis. It will help you to locate the right drivers on web. It is not complicated to find the same. I have a Via chipset on my system and face the same issue. My USB ports and 1394 pci adapter failed to work. I found the drivers on the official site and things went back to fine. You must always keep a backup of all your drivers. It helps your system to work properly after formatting.