Thread: WinXP SP3 can't read 4GB SD card in multicard reader

WinXP SP3 can't read 4GB SD card in multicard reader

My Windows XP is not able to read the card reader. I had attached a 4GB Memory card to the same. When I connect it the light blinks on it, but there is nothing on the screen. Also the card is not shown in My Computer. It must be displayed as removable media. But is not at all showing up. I think the the system has some issue with card reader. It works well on my friends system. Any idea.

There can be number of reason behind it. The card reader is not having appropriate drivers. The Upnp mode is disabled in your system or there can be cable fault. Change the usb port also. You can update some new usb drivers in your system through web. Connect the card reader and open Device Manager. In that see whether you are able to see any installed hardware. If not then the device or port has any issue.

I think the card reader is having some kind of problem. You must test that on a different port. This time do not insert the memory card in that. Just connect the card reader. I was also having a card reader. The issue with that was it stops working suddenly in between. Sometime it is detected and sometime it just goes away. I had verified the cable and tested everything. There was a simple hardware failure.

Re: WinXP SP3 can't read 4GB SD card in multicard reader

I tried everything before I realized I had the problem that was listed here. I bought a OHM sdhc usb card reader at Target for $4.99 It is very small,I keep it in my case and can now download pictures on all the older computers. I found this site through a google search. I now have it bookmarked. Thanks Tommy

I'm having the exact same problem and don't think it's related to the 4 Gig SD card, as much as it is to the number of photos on the card. I've successfully uploaded videos and movies from the exact same card, but in small quantities (seldom more than 80 pics @ 12 mp each) Just home from vacation and am unable to upload 1,000 pics @ 5 mp each from the same card that worked before