Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to install new hardware devices

XP Hardware

Old 29-09-2008

Unable to install new hardware devices

I need some help here to install some new hardware in my computer. I cannot figure out why Windows XP stop detecting new hardware in my system. There is on issue with the usb device. I am still using my pen drive on it. I had just purchased a usb bluetooth stick. When I hooked that on the system it is not detected at all. I tried to installed the software manually but still it is not working.

Old 30-09-2008

Click on Start > Run and then in the box type Msconfig. Hit enter. There you will find a tab of services. In that ensure that UPnP is working. If that is disabled or turned off your system will not detect any newly connected hardware. Second thing try to install the same in admin account only. This kind of issue appear on limited accounts. You might need to run system restore or even repair windows setup if this issue is constant with all other new hardware.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,