Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft bluetooth mouse won't start in Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 17-09-2008

Microsoft bluetooth mouse won't start in Windows XP

I am using Windows XP in my system. I had bought a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. When I connect the same to it, it shows a wireless mouse detected. But somehow it is not able to work properly. I tried to install the drivers and everything goes well. But the mouse is still not detected. I downloaded new Intellipoint drivers from web and still it is not working. Does anyone has any idea how to make this work.

Old 18-09-2008

This can be due to hardware failure also. But before that it is better if you can try to troubleshoot the same more properly. With the bluetooth mouse you also get a receiver. This is a small usb type dongle that connects your mouse with the pc. You must first install that and then try to configure the mouse. Or else it will not work. Get rid of the old drivers and download a new edition one more time. Then connect the receiver first and then the mouse.
Old 27-11-2008

I have the exact same problem too. I can get my wireless keyboard to work, but the mouse "installs", doesn't work and doesn't show up into bluetooth devices when i refresh it. Has anyone solved this problem????
Old 14-03-2009

re: Microsoft bluetooth mouse won't start in Windows XP

I also have the same problem. I tried latest software from Microsoft but didn't fix the problem. I have just finished rebuilding the PC without SP3 and everything is working. I have heard that Microsoft are planning to force SP3 update even if it was previously blocked.
Old 05-08-2010

I have a similar problem. It is a pain; some of us have better things to do.
Old 06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkalita View Post
I have a similar problem. It is a pain; some of us have better things to do.
Can you be more specific as to your current problem? What type of similar problems are you facing, can you elaborate? You can try to do the following to resolve the issue related to the Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth:

1. Open Services:
A. To still type things out, start the on-screen keyboard by going to Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-Screen Keyboard. From there, you can then do Start > Run and then type services.msc
B. To directly access Services, do Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

2. Find & select the Bluetooth Support Service, right click and select Properties.

3. Click the Stop button on the General tab.

4. Select the Log On tab, and select the radio button next to Local System account, then click Apply.

5. Go back to the General tab and click the Start button.

6. Click OK to close the Properties dialog.

7. Restart computer to make sure the change takes and things work.
Old 05-09-2010

Thanks for the fix, your solution fixed my problem. I found out that the Bluetooth Service was logged on to a password protected account rather than the desktop. Once I stopped and started the Service to the desktop my mouse driver installed.

Last edited by fp46cool : 05-09-2010 at 05:26 PM.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,