Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP touchpad

XP Hardware

Old 19-08-2008

Windows XP touchpad

Hi,
I need to know how to disable tap-to-click on my touchpad. I'm on a HP Pavillion dv8000, running XP Home Edition. I've already checked the mouse menu in the control panel, and it's not there. I don't seem to have a synaptec program running, like some threads have suggested, and I don't know what my touchpad is or how to find out, in order to download new drivers.
Incidentally, on another laptop, a Pavillion dv2500, which was designed for Vista, I put XP on it and couldn't find the option afterward either. I found it when I had Vista on it.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 19-08-2008

Re: Windows XP touchpad

I have never used HP laptops but on my MSI, there is an option to disable Touch Pad completely by function key and F3. I do this when I use USB mouse with the laptop. See there should be something like this in HP as well. BY the way do you want disable the complete touchpad or only the clicks?
Old 21-08-2008

Under Mice and other pointing devices I have
HID-compliant mouse, and
PS/2 Compatible Mouse

(I am also using a usb mouse with this computer at the moment).
Old 21-08-2008

Re: Windows XP touchpad

Just go to Device manager, select your TouchPad and update the drivers. When you will go in Device Manager, it will be listed as PS/2 unless you have the enhanced drivers installed.
Old 22-08-2008

How would I go about figuring out which drivers i need then? This was not originally my computer, so I have no idea what touchpad I'm using.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: