Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

External antenna for laptop wi-fi

XP Hardware

Old 05-08-2008

External antenna for laptop wi-fi

I have got a Wifi setup built in on my Dell laptop. The area which I am living in has a wide wifi system range. So, if I am trying to use the laptop in a certain room at my place then the wifi connection is very minimal and sometimes the connection also gets lost. So, can anyone tell me if there is a way to connect to an external antenna to the laptop with a built in wifi so that I can get better connection. Thanks for any help.

Old 05-08-2008

Re: External antenna for laptop wi-fi

I dont think that you will be able to attach an external antenna to the wifi which is built in your laptop without some serious disassembly but you can always purcahse a wifi card with an external antenna connector and follow this route to solve the problem.
Old 05-08-2008

Re: External antenna for laptop wi-fi

I think that your laptop might have 2 antenna wires and therfore you will be able to connect pretty easily. Check the documenation given here - http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1015787

Also, you could buy a router to get better connection in any rooms that you are in, check this router - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware