Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

keyboard typing wrong characters

Windows XP Support

Old 11-07-2008

keyboard typing wrong characters

If I am pressing the shift key to make the letters capital, then instead I am getting the letter Z [left shift] or Q [right shift] and all the other keys are working properly. I am running Windows XP on a Dell machine. Thanks for any information.

Old 11-07-2008

Re: keyboard typing wrong characters

It could be that the Shift Key might be stuck. You can try to have a look at the shift keys and then try holding down the ctrl key when pressing the shift keys.
Old 24-07-2008

I dont think that is the issue, because I did what you have recommended and still there was no change. When I depress the shift key, and nothing else then I am getting the 'z' or 'q', depending on left or right shift key. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Old 24-07-2008

Can you try to get or buy a cheap usb keyboard and try it on your pc. Incase the external keyboard is not having this issue, then you will have to buy another keyboard for your computer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: