Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

map lpt port to an ip address

Windows XP Support

Old 10-07-2008

map lpt port to an ip address

This is Windows XP connected to a network. I am trying to setup a printer but before that I would like to know how do we map a LPT port to a wireless network printer with a specific IP address? I have done this in past and as far as I remember it was done using ?net use lpt2 \\servername\sharename /persistent:yes.? But this time I want to do this directly to the IP address.

Can anyone help please?

Old 11-07-2008

Re: map lpt port to an ip address

Hello chimaan, there are few requirements for doing the same. For example, if you have Lexmark or HP nic probably they wont work because the network card must support "Lan Man" style printing.You can find these stuffs in old Intel Print server Netport 10/100 like Epson.
Old 15-04-2010

Re: map lpt port to an ip address

you can easily find your entered IP address and details ,also you can known printers information via IP ,for that use this free site.I am only using this site for my Ip information.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , , , , ,