Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer

Windows XP Support

Old 06-07-2008

What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer

I want to share my findings on fixing printheads and refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer in this discussion. Also, anyone can be my guest to interact what you know about. The hope is that this thread will help anyone who has an HP officejet d145 printer and wishes to refill seemingly expired ink tanks and make the printer working again.

Old 06-07-2008

Re: What I learned fixing printheads & refilling ink on HP Officejet d145 printer

Check the below site that shows how to take apart the HP #14 printheads for repair and refill:
http://img523.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bent9si.jpg

Normally when the printhead looks clean, put it back in the printer and in my case, the printhead was not working right away. At first, it was not printing at all but after some few days, I tried printing again and it worked perfectly.
Old 06-07-2008

You can try to disable ink drop counting by following the below method:
  1. You can press both + and - arrow buttons at the same time
  2. After that release both + and - arrow buttons at the same time
  3. No try to press buttons 4, then 5, then 6 in quick sequence
  4. After that press 1 (yes) when it asks you to disable color ink drop counting
  5. Now you need to repeat steps 1 and 2 above
  6. After that simply press buttons 7, then 8, then 9 in quick sequence
  7. Now you have to press 1 (yes) when it asks you to disable black ink drop counting
Old 10-07-2008

When you are fixing printheads, especially if you have boiled them or soaked them, then you must refill the small tanks inside the printhead. When checked on the web, then the only solution was to disassemble the printhead and dripping some ink inside.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,