Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how can i download windows movie maker 2.1 without dowloading (sp2

Windows XP Support

Old 30-06-2008

how can i download windows movie maker 2.1 without dowloading (sp2

Hi, as the title says I?m looking to download windows movie maker version 2.1 for my Windows XP. I jhave a Vista laptop as well running with WMM 2.1 and it like the features and its interface hence want the same on my XP as well but I?m not able to find it for manual download. While searching the web I also found that it comes pre-installed with XP Service Pack 2 but I don?t want to update my system with SP2.

Is there any alternate way for the same? Please let me know soon.

Old 30-06-2008

Re: how can i download windows movie maker 2.1 without dowloading (sp2

There is no other way to download Movie Maker 2.1 other than downloading service pack 2. I mean there is no .exe file available for Movie maker anywhere on web. And if you are looking to re-install your Movie maker then just follow these few steps:

1. Go to C:\Windows\inf
2. Right click on Moviemk.inf and click on Install
3. When it asks for your Windows XP cd put it in and browse to the I386 folder. Click OK

That?s it. For more help on Movie maker and your situation you can also check this MSDN Article: What can I do if I upgrade to Windows XP SP2 and Windows Movie Maker 2.1 is not installed successfully?
Old 30-06-2008

Re: how can i download windows movie maker 2.1 without dowloading

Thank you very much for the help Big Fish. It was helpful.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,