Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot open files on USB drives

Windows XP Support

Old 30-06-2008

Cannot open files on USB drives

I am not able to open any files from a usb drive. It is connected and detected on my pc. But there is some problem with the pen drive. When I try to open some files from it fails to open. I am having some videos on it. When I double click on that I am getting a error message on the screen. The message is "This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on This Computer. Please contact your system administrator". What does this error means. How to fix it.

Old 03-07-2008

Try to change the usb port of that drive and then check back. It looks like some kind of hardware fault to me. You can simply verify it back again by connecting it to some other system. If it works, the this kind of be some kind of file permission issue. Many usb drives comes with a usb protection software. You will have to remove that first and then you can move ahead with accessing data in it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,