Thread: rundll32.exe unable to locate component

rundll32.exe unable to locate component

Hello!

I am having some issues that I hope someone can help me with. Two weeks ago my hard drive died and was replaced. Since then, I have been getting a lot of gdiplus.dll errors. Some I have fixed, others I don't know what to do about. I think these issues are all related to the gdiplus errors, but I am not sure.

1. When I look at picture files in My Pictures, they currently only show the JPEG icon and not the actual picture. (I have changed the view, etc - no help). At one point I got an error that said gdiplus.dll not found. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem.

2. My desktop will not restore - it is currently on that white screen that has the button you push to restore - but when I push this button, it tells me that it cannot run the scrips

3. The icons on my desktop are all a weird size - when I try to fix in properties, I get the rundll32.exe error that says unable to locate gdiplus.dll

Other information:
    I am running XP on a Compaq laptop. The laptop only came with a restore disk, so I don't have a full copy to run a repair installation (best buy wants to charge me $130 to do with this no guaranteed results). I have tried downloading the gdiplus.dll, but I don't really know what to do with it once I download it.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp you might be able to provide!

Hallie
    Can someone help? I really can't afford to take this thing back in for someone to look at it again.

Re: rundll32.exe unable to locate component

Hello Hallie. Did you searched for gdiplus.dll on your system? What is the result? I think its default location on Windows XP should be

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\SafeDll SearchMode is 1, the current directory is the lastdirectory searched. The default value is 0.

For more help on the same check this article.

Thanks Joe! That first link had a solution to my problem! I really appreciate the help! Now I have another problem ... look for my next post on ATI control panel!