Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP crash - files disappear

Windows XP Support

Old 26-06-2008

Windows XP crash - files disappear

I faced a problem with my system. I am having a Windows XP pc. It crashed suddenly and due to that I lost all my files. I am using Office 2003. I was editing some documents and after the crash all those files are lost. I tried to relocate the same but not able to find out anything about the same. Does there is any way to restore the document data. This is really very risky to some extent. My system is not getting stabilize. It just crashes instantly.

Old 26-06-2008

RE: Windows XP crash - files disappear

The issue can be due to profile corruption also. Try to create a new account in your pc and then test back. The issue can be also common due to virus or malware. You can scan your system under safe mode. If your system is keeps on crashing then there is only one way to fix the same. You will need to re-install Windows xp back again. Just take your data backup and format your pc.
Old 27-06-2008

The only way to make your system stable is to clean your system registry. Now there are some tools but they are not completely stable. You can try running system restore first that can help you but there is no guarantee that it will make your system stable but to some extent it will work fine. You can take data backup and then check back. The only last option left is format your pc and then check back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,