Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

User Account Not Showing Up On Login Screen

Windows XP Support

Old 25-06-2008

User Account Not Showing Up On Login Screen

On my windows xp system I have 2 Administrator accounts and two standard user accounts. Today when I booted my system I found that my own user account is missing from the login screen. Rest 3 user accounts are visible. When I logged in with the second administrator account, I found that still my main admin account is visible under Control Panel > User Accounts. Then why is it not visible on the login screen? Please help.

Old 25-06-2008

Re: User Account Not Showing Up On Login Screen

You would need to create a new admin account and and copy your older settings to the new one. To know how to do the same check this MS KB:

How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151
Old 25-06-2008

Re: User Account Not Showing Up On Login Screen

Thanks for the help LeSueur but i had already tried that and it dint worked actually. Though i followed the process mentioned in that KB to copy the settings it is not showing anything from my earlier account suh as Internet explorer settings. Neither the files saved in My Documents folder. Anything else please?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,