Thread: my computer properties system information missing

my computer properties system information missing

I am currently using Dell Workstation computer, which is running on Win XP SP2. The problem started with "restore my active desktop" and a message keep on pop up that there were "script running on the page". I am facing some problem with my computer from past few days. When I opened it nothing shows up. Then I did CRTL ALT DEl to close it, my desktop was blank for sometime, and again I started getting the same restore desktop message. When I am doing right to my computer and selecting properties, the system information is not appearing. I always tried to perform system restore but my machine hung up on shutting down. I am not able to work in safe mode also, did I removed any programs? Even I have moved some drivers to system 32 drivers folder instructed by Microsoft support. I am using CCleaner to delete all temporary files and cookies. I am unable to find any solution for the same. I have found the similar issues or a post related to the same, please check suggestion was to look for the file windir%\system32\oeminfo.ini, but it does not exist on my system. I did a virus scan with AVG, and there was no virus. I ran Spybot and Spysweeper and got rid of some tracking cookies. It lack system information windows when I click on my computer properties is the main problem now. I am able to open my documents and programs. Before this I was not able to connect the Internet with Internet Explorer, but that has been resolved as of now.

Is there anything else I should check to see if it is working?

Re: my computer properties system information missing

Please restore your system information check the 221 Line at right.
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm