Thread: How to Copy My Documents while using XP Recovery Console

How to Copy My Documents while using XP Recovery Console

I am having some important data left in My Documents. I want some help to copy the same. My pc failed to boot. And I am trying to work in My Recovery console to access the stored data. I have a external usb drive. I need some help to copy all the data from my pc. My documents is just having a small fraction of files which are extremely important. Someone said to me that through recovery console I can backup everything.

Re: How to Copy My Documents while using XP Recovery Console

Yes you can do that through recovery console. You just need to run the copy command and done. But for that you will need to navigate inside my documents. You must know the proper location of your data or else you will keep on moving inside unknown folder. Try to first boot in safe mode and then see whether you are able to get in the gui mode. If yes then instantly backup your data and format your pc. I think that will be simply enough to fix the problem you are facing.

The most simple way to collect data backup is by Live CD. There are ample of Live Linux CD which will help you to backup your data through GUI mode. It is not very complicated but extremely simple. There are trimmed version of linux distro available on the web. Like puppy linux. You can create a bootable usb or bootable cd and copy the data instantly on removable drives. It works quiet nicely.