Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Task manager, display CPU percent bar in system tray

Windows XP Support

Old 14-06-2008

Task manager, display CPU percent bar in system tray

At the time when I was launching the task manager, then it displayed a small icon in the system tray, a single bar that showed you CPU percentage, so you didnt have to have the task manager window open to see the CPU percentage. It has disappeared, just stopped appearing now, if I launch task manager. I dont have any idea. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Old 14-06-2008

Re: Task manager, display CPU percent bar in system tray

Are you using Windows XP and which service pack have you installed. So, you are trying to say that you press ctrl+shift+escape to bring up task manager and inside it you can select the performance tab and check the CPU/PF usage/history, but at that time, the icon doesnt appear in the system tray? Have you checked whether it is not hidden?
Old 16-06-2008

I think that process explorer will be able to do that, have you tried that program to replace Task Manager? If so, then re-run Process Explorer and make it the default one.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,