Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a pagin

Windows XP Support

Old 14-06-2008

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a pagin

Since last few days I was facing huge slowdown in my windows xp boot up time, hence to find out the reason I came through Event Viewer where I found few errors stating ?An error was
detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation?. Though I don?t have any idea about this error but the term used ?harddisk? in the error is eating me up. It is my new hard drive and I cannot accept any problem with the same. BTW, what is the meaning of this error ?

I would also like to know what is letter ?D? in the error ? If you are assuming what I assumed than you are wrong because I don?t have created any partition on this hard drive. So there is no D, only system drive that C.

Old 14-06-2008

RE: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a pagin

Yeah, even I thought it could be your drive and I think I am correct. Because your system might be installed on D drive instead of C. Check it again. You can also get it cleared by going to RUN, type Diskpart
Now type ?list disk? in diskpart
Furthermore type ?list volume?

This will bring up the installed partitions. If you feel some more help at this stage you can also type HELP that will bring you up with some more options.
Old 14-06-2008

RE: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a p

Thanks for the suggestion friend but that doesn’t seems useful for me. Because as I said earlier, there is no extra partition rather than C on my HDD. I haven’t created any while installation. And as you suggested to run Diskpart, it shows me the following:
Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

Update:

I guess i got some clue. D was my DVD drive. I thought the problem is related to this hence i disconnected it from my system but still getting the same error.
Old 12-04-2012

Re: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a pagin

I know this post is back from 2008 and I'm digging up old issues. But I have a customer that is having this issue, and had another customer with this same issue and we cannot seem to resolve it.

I want to know if what you posted last (Reloading windows) fixed the issue. Or if not, have you since fixed the issue?

I have tried a new hard drive, imaging the old hard drive installation over to the new one. Same issue would happen. Wondering if windows Needs to be reloaded to resolve this issue, and if possible, is there a way to fix the issue without reloading.
Old 12-04-2012

Re: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a pagin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyTech View Post
I know this post is back from 2008 and I'm digging up old issues. But I have a customer that is having this issue, and had another customer with this same issue and we cannot seem to resolve it.

I want to know if what you posted last (Reloading windows) fixed the issue. Or if not, have you since fixed the issue?

I have tried a new hard drive, imaging the old hard drive installation over to the new one. Same issue would happen. Wondering if windows Needs to be reloaded to resolve this issue, and if possible, is there a way to fix the issue without reloading.
If you are getting the same error that is "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a pagin" then it simply means that the hard drive is failing. Also it doesn't matter that if it is new. In fact, if hardware is going to fail it will usually do so quite soon or go for years. You cannot fix a bad hard drive; you just replace it. So back up your data NOW.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,