Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do I create a Virtual Port for USB

Windows XP Support

Old 11-06-2008

How do I create a Virtual Port for USB

I am using Brother 5240 printer which is working on Windows XP computer but it is not able to work on a laptop. The issue looks to be located in the printing port. When I checked the printers and fax dialog box then I notice that the computer successfully prints and created virtual port for usb, but the other doesnt have this port? Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks.

Old 11-06-2008

Re: How do I create a Virtual Port for USB

All you need to do is just install the printer installation program and you are good to go on.
Old 12-06-2008

Thanks for the reply, but I have installed the program many times from the install disk and the updated zipped file from Brother printer but still no success. The pc simply refuses to make this virtual port for USB. Can anyone give some other suggestions. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2008

I think that the usb port is usually created by the plug and play system and the spooler just uses the same path to send the data. The port is created when you plaug the device into the computer and then it starts working.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: