Thread: chkdsk /p errors detected repeatedly

chkdsk /p errors detected repeatedly

I have recently build a new machine and I am getting errors that I cant understand. I installed windows xp sp2 on a new sata 2 hard drive and after that I immediately upgraded to SP3. After that instaleld recovery console and boot to recovery console and then ran chkdsk /p, which is finding some errors. After that I ran chkdsk /r and it took 1 hour or so. After that ran again chkdsk /p and it find no errors. After booting to Windows XP, I immediately restarted to recovery console. Then ran chkdsk /p again and found errors. Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: chkdsk /p errors detected repeatedly

Have you tried to run a hard drive diagnostics tool that can be found on the manufacturers website. You can also test your ram sticks with memtest software. It can also be a power supply problem as well.

You should first try to remove SP3 and the do another rebuild and use SP2 instead, whichever is most reliable for you. Actually, SP3 has caused some strange, verified and unverified but consistantly reported problems. On a new system, you should start with SP2 and forget SP3 until later after it's all been qualified.