Thread: Found New Hardware Wizard

Found New Hardware Wizard

I am trying to install a new printer on my home. The pc that I have is having Windows XP in it. Now there is a problem with the installation. The setup does not work well. I had tried to add the driver manually also but somehow it looks it not working fine. I tried to re-installed the printer but new hardware wizard does not appeared on the screen. I can see the printer with warning sign in device manager. How can I fix this thing.

Re: Found New Hardware Wizard

It looks like that you are not able to install the printer. One thing you can do here is simply change the printer port. Remove all the existing installed drivers and then go in Device Manager. Right click on the printer and choose update drivers. Give the location of folder where the driver is installed. In this way the printer will be configured and it will work fine. If still the printer does not appear then either the driver is not proper or there is some issue with the printer.

It is because plug and play service is disabled in your pc. You can go in msconfig. Type msconfig in the Start > Run box and hit enter. In that go in Services and look for Plug and Play. Ensure that it is selected. Reboot your pc and then connect the printer. It will work. If still it is not working then surely there is some kind of hardware problem with your pc. You will have to contact the seller or carry it to your nearest service center for repairs.