Thread: Print spooler not starting - Error 2

Print spooler not starting - Error 2

I am now fed up of this error. I am having two different printers (HP and Epson) trying to connect with my Windows XP running desktop. Every time am trying to connect any of them, I get an error saying "Operation could not be completed"

In order to fix this error I went to check Spooler and found that it was disabled. So I tried starting it but that not succes.sful with error mentioned in the title “could not start the print spooler service on local computer error 2”. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Re: Print spooler not starting - Error 2

Whenever your printer or scanner stops working, before you start any troubleshooting, always delete each and every file that belongs to the printer from your system including registry. For help deleting all those files and uninstalling printer(s) when the spooler isn't working check this

http://forums.techarena.in/showpost....48&postcount=5

Please give me the answer why printer spooler service is not working. Whenever i say start it denies and shows that error 1075. Please reply me as soon as possible

If am not wrong, the complete error you getting would be something like this:

E:\>winerror 1075
    1075 ERROR_SERVICE_DEPENDENCY_DELETED <--> No NTSTATUS matched

If yes, than you should check out the Microsoft knowledge base article based on Error 1075 when trying to start the Print Spooler service on a Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915168/en-us

RE: Print spooler not starting - Error 2

As far as I know the reason why spooler is unable to work is because it is unable to locate the spoolsv.exe file under system32 folder. Hence what you need to is launch Windows Explorer and go to C drive, search for i386 folder, locate spoolsv file.

Once you get COPY it from here and simply paste in the C:\windows\system32. That’s it now restart your system and connect/install printers. It should work.

OMG! This fix worked! copying the spooler file from i386 to the windows system 32 file worked! after restarting the print spooler, my printer once again showed up in "printers and faxes" and I am all set! Wow, what a simple fix......too bad it took weeks to get done and find this message!!!

Just wanted to post a quick reply to say thanks for posting this FIX. In case anyone else has gotten this far in their PC challenges with a similar problem, The cause of my loosing the Print spooler and the referenced spoolsv.eve file going AWOL from the C:\windows\system32 folder was I believe due to my simply wanting to do some "maintenance" by running my spy ware program - Spybot - and simply saying yes to "fix" all that it identified. Little did I know that certain required files would be moved around. It was the strangest thing when the next morning (I did the maintenance at night) when I turned on the PC it said my printer would not work. Tried uninstalling then reinstalling then ran into al sorts of errors...RPC not working..so threads taught me how to restart...then Print spooler not running, tried restarting then eventually found this thread. THANK GOD because I was entertaining the thought of backing up all the "My Docs" folders onto the 'ol external drive and reformatting. SO GLAD I found this! Thanks "solution" for your post - Lifesaver! Ahhhh! The sound of the Test Page :)