Thread: error message1163 dvd drive, decoder, video card -digital copy pro

error message1163 dvd drive, decoder, video card -digital copy pro

I had formatted my pc and installed windows xp back again. Now I am trying to upgrade Windows Media Player which does not looks to be working well. I am trying to upgrade Windows Media Player 9 to 11. The upgrade was fine. But I am not able to play any DVD on that. When I try to do the same I am getting a error. The error is windows media player cannot play this dvd because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your dvd drive. I am constantly getting this error.

Re: error message1163 dvd drive, decoder, video card -digital copy pro

Try to install WinDVD or PowerDVD in your pc. I am using the same. It is one of the best tool to run dvd files and there is no error with the same. It works really nice without much issue. Windows Media Player has a bit limitation of running dvd files due to less decoders. You can download them from web but there is no guarantee that it will really work. Just get PowerDVD and use it. It is more better for dvd viewing.

You can download a codec pack for the same. That is quiet enough to fix the problem you are facing. For running multiple video files in your system you will need to download a good video codec pack. One of them is Klite codec pack. And if still it is not working then the best thing you can do is go with the above process of installing windvd. That is more helpful. Using a third party software dedicated for DVD viewing is simply more better.