Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Changing Classic Windows TaskBar Color in SP3?

Windows XP Support

Old 01-06-2008

Changing Classic Windows TaskBar Color in SP3?

I had a old desktop which was running with Windows XP Pro. On this PC I had set Classic them but changed its color scheme with my own designed one. This theme was saved somewhere on hard drive. Now I bought a new computer with same Windows XP Pro but with Service Pack 3. Here also I changed the theme with XP Classic and changed the Color Scheme.

Now the problem I?m facing is though the color scheme effect is showing up in browsers, Windows Explorer, and other files but the task bar is still the same ugly gray. I even tied installing the theme saved on my old computer to this new computer but still task bar color wont changes. I know this could be done by choosing Display Properties\Appearance\Advanced\3d Objects and changing the color of 3d objects. But this is not working on this system.

To me it seems like the problem is with SP3. It wont support this customizations. What you guys says? Is there any way to change the color scheme of task bar in SP3 as well? Thank you very much.

Old 01-06-2008

Re: Changing Classic Windows TaskBar Color in SP3?

I dont know how you are doing Ian Wilson. because i was not aware of this customization. I came to know about this from your above post. When followed, my task bar color changed successfully. Note, that even i am using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3. If it is working for me, why not for you.
Old 04-06-2008

Re: Changing Classic Windows TaskBar Color in SP3?

Thanks for your input friend. I think you are right. i just tried changing it some other color (green) and it changed. SO that means it is not the problem with Service Pack 3. But i dont want to this ugly color, why dont it gets changed to that XP color I was using in my older computer.

Anyways, i try to make it happen anyhow. Thanks for your times.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,