Thread: Need help using TV as 2nd monitor

Need help using TV as 2nd monitor

I want to use my TV to view AVI files on my laptop and I am not able to get it to work. I use a s-video cable that converts a 3 red, green and blue plugs and am using a standard RCA cable to connect from that to my TV. The TV does have the red, green and blue plugs in the back. But when I hook it up then I am getting nothing, and I have set in control panel to use the second monitor. The video card in the laptop is ATI series, so will i have to install program like ATI Catalyst? The adapter that I am using came with nvidia video card that I got for my desktop and I am trying to use it with my laptop so that I can view video on my TV. Thanks for any help.

RE: Need help using TV as 2nd monitor

Actually, the s-video to rca is a standard adapter but Ati adapter that you have mentioned only has s-video to one yellow RCA jack and no other plugs, which means using your audio out jacks at the same time. You can go to radio shack or similar and then get 1/8 inch-Y connector which will let you plug in 2 RCA audio from pc to use other wire, then back again. Also for 2 monitor software, download the Windows Media Professional Exhibitor from the microsoft website.

Thanks for the reply, I have not got the desktop to display on my TC but it is in black and white, so does anyone have some recommendations?