Thread: cannot open excel files from windows explorer

cannot open excel files from windows explorer

I am having a laptop that has Windows XP Pro on the same. I had downloaded some excel files from the web. When I try to open them through Windows Explorer it is not working. When I click on the file name and try to open them the explorer just crashes. I can open the files directly through Excel. But when I double click on the excel files in Explorer it crashes. Only after restarting the pc the system went back to normal.

Re: cannot open excel files from windows explorer

Try to run the repair setup of Microsoft Office. If you are having the setup file of Office then you can run it back or simply go in Control Panel > Add remove program. In that click on Office and below click on change. Run the repair setup and then check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem you are facing. Due to some office bug you are facing the problem.

I do not think the issue lies with Office. You can get more information on the problem in Event Viewer. Just go in that and then locate the right error code and check back. I am sure that will be more than enough to fix the issue you are facing. There is one another way to fix the issue. You can run a repair setup of windows and then test back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem you are facing.