Thread: Connection Interrupted

Connection Interrupted

When I try to open a few number of hyperlinks directly from a website I am getting a connection interrupted error. I am also getting the same when I try to open the same through a document. The error is : Connection Interrupted The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please retry. Can anyone help me here to fix the problem.

Re: Connection Interrupted

Can be some problem with the internet connectivity ping and check the same. It is essential that you simply ping the website that you are trying to open and then test back. It will give you clear information about the net connectivity. Also try to check the network cables and then test back. I am sure that will be more than to fix the problem.This is a network connectivity issue according to me. Just check that and see whether the issue is resolved or not.

Yes contact your isp provide for the issue. The things that you can do here to troubleshoot the problem is repair your network connection. Just right click on the lan icon on the system tray and choose repair. If that also does not work then type this in cmd. Type ping google.com -t and hit enter. That's all. Check the response your getting. If you are getting request time out errors in mid then it means your internet connectivity is breaking and due to which you get those server related problems.

Sometime the issue also lies with some websites. I got the same issue on my company site a number of time. Due to heavy server load the website respond a bit slowly and you get that error. So just check some other websites also like yahoo or some links from Google and see whether you are getting those errors or not. If not then the issue with the website not with your internet. For that there is nothing you can do.

Just check once in your pc is there any security application causing the problem. I got the same issue due to Zone Alarm. Due to which sometime lnks does not open well. But after disabling the same it works fine. There is no issue at all with that. There can be issue with the network connectivity also. It is recommended that you verify all this stuff once and at last go with any driver updates for the lan adapter.

This problem I had to face and the solution is as follows

In the host file some stupid guy must have redirected that website to local host

Nice little trick to block your sister, friend, girlfriend, dad, little brother (it does wonders if you block their favorite gaming sites, and watch them go nuts :) ) from visiting a site and redirecting to some random website, or playing a nice prank on some non-computer savvy person.

For Xp Windows users:

Go to windows/system32/drivers/etc open the hosts file in it, with wordpad or notepad.

Add an entry at the bottom where it says :

127.0.0.1 localhost

66.102.9.147 www.myspace.com

What it will do is redirect the person from myspace website to ip “66.102.9.147” which is the ip for google.com , you can do this trick to any sites you want just keep adding them in the next successive lines.

For example add:

66.102.9.147 www.yahoo.com

And now yahoo will open as google.com . It can be used a prank also, but I wouldn’t suggest it doing to your bosses computer, cause you will end up fired. And this can only be done if you are system administrator.

If you wish to redirect them to any other site of your liking go to

http://www.hcidata.co.uk/host2ip.htm enter the site you want them to be redirected to it will tell you the sites ip, enter that ip instead of “66.102.9.147” and you are set. Or if you do not want them to be redirected replace “66.102.9.147” with 127.0.0.1

Attached below is the example of how your final hosts file should look like :

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

66.102.9.147 www.myspace.com

Enjoy and happy browsing.