Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to recover files from temp files from CHKDSK

Windows XP Support

Old 27-05-2008

How to recover files from temp files from CHKDSK

Can anyone tell me a way to recover files from temp files created by chkdsk. I have got many but I want to know if I can recover using them. Thanks

Old 28-05-2008

It actually depends on what chkdsk has recovered. If it has recovered a complete file then it is only necessary to identify the type of file and rename it accordingly. You will need to identify the file. You can try to open it in wordpad and there may be clues in the text parts. After that you can safely allow wordpad to save the file again as wordpad wont alter it even if there are unprintable characters.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,