Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Low disk space on drive C:

Windows XP Support

Old 27-05-2008

Low disk space on drive C:

My system has two hard drives. Both of them are of 120GB. Here one is for windows and software while the other one is for data. My C drive looks to be increasing. I got a low disk space warning today. I had allocated the complete 120GB space to Windows and still it is finding it so low. I am not able to understand the reason behind it. I thought for windows 50GB will be quiet enough. But the situation here is bit different. I am looking for some help here by which I can simply increase the size.

Old 27-05-2008

There can be files in the C drive. Like many download managers uses the windows partition for saving files. The same is applicable for torrent also and for windows update. You will have to run disk cleanup first here. Run that which will make out some space for you. The next option left is to remove unwanted stuff. Go in the download folder and check there also. Move the files to some other directory or delete them if you do not require it. This is one of the most simplest way to fix the problem you are facing.
Old 28-05-2008

There are some nice disk management tools which you can use. It looks like that there is some additional files in the C drive which is causing the problem. You will need to manually check in the c drive and locate which file are consuming so much space. It is a common bug and it is necessary that you must simply delete the files and then test back. Sometime due to damage platters, the drive shows you less compare to complete space it has.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,