Thread: XP Pro fails to activate (MSG 32777)

XP Pro fails to activate (MSG 32777)

I have a year old Compaq Presario SR1010NX laptop which came preinstalled with Windows XP Home. Now i wanted to use it with our Office Domain Controller hence installed a Windows XP Pro Upgrade on the same. Installation goes fine but the Windows Activation fails. I tried several times but it fails always. Somebody suggested me to delete the installation and go with just stand alone XP Pro Upgrade. Well i tried that also but yet the same result, cannot pass the Windows Activation. The error i am getting is "32777' saying it cannot reach the authentication server.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you are not able to get the Windows Activate normally, you should try going for product activation by phone? I am not sure whether they will charge you for it but if they do, it will be very less. Give it a try.

RE: XP Pro fails to activate (MSG 32777)

Thank you very much for the help KaSaRa. I already tried that but the result was very disappointing. The MS guy told me that the problem is because of Hardware ID and the software license. They said i need to buy a new another License or a new CD. Damn.

Any suggestion?

Re: XP Pro fails to activate (MSG 32777)

Did you used the same disc to install any another computer also? If yes, than you will need to Activate over
    the phone, and be prepared to purchase a license for each PC you have it on. Alternatively you can also tell them that this is the only PC you are going to use and the other one is not in use. Not sure but i guess you should have a 3 PC limit. I said not sure because Microsoft might have changed their Policy.

you can try to change the date to the current date and time. i was getting the same errors and that worked for me.

milt

I was very frustrated with this same issue and thought I had my connection set up wrong - but lo and behold it was as simple as setting the date correctly on the PC - thanks huge amount for helping with this post

Thanks a lot guys......
    I've tried all possible solutions to activate my Windows but never thought a simple correction like this would help...
    Changing the date to current date helped me activate my version of windows
    :)