Thread: Windows XP will not boot from hard drive, cannot boot from CD

Windows XP will not boot from hard drive, cannot boot from CD

I am trying to boot my pc from Windows XP installation CD. But it does not looks to be working fine. I had kept the boot order on CD-ROM. But the same fails. Somehow I managed to boot from the cd. But it restarted on loading drivers. I got the CD from my friend. As I am having virus issue in my pc so I thought formatting it will be better. But the drive simply fails to boot properly. Can anything is possible here to fix the problem.

Re: Windows XP will not boot from hard drive, cannot boot from CD

I think the issue lies with hard drive controller. You must simply check that the xp disc that you are using must be updated with the hard drive driver. Or else this kind of crash is common. Such issue mostly occur with SATA drivers. XP lacks sata driver. And you can run that via usb drive. It is simply not complicated to locate appropriate drivers. You can download that from web also and test back.

Did you have any other disc. Just try booting with that. Your cd looks like damage to me. If you have any linux disc just for testing purpose boot through that. Sometime damage disc can cause the boot issue. There are some new edition of windows xp available on the web which you can try out. While another good way of fixing your pc is just running the repair setup which does not long time. It just replaces the existing system files.