Thread: address bar in task bar is gone

address bar in task bar is gone

I have installed Windows XP SP3 on my pc. I think that this problem started after I installed the SP3 for Windows. The problem is that the address bar disappeared from the below of the screen in the Windows Taskbar where the Quick Launch items are. The option to put it in by right clicking in the taskbar does not have the Address Toolbar as an option anymore. Can anyone tell me how to get it back? Thanks.

Check the below article on "The Address toolbar no longer appears on the taskbar after you install Windows XP Service Pack 3" to solve your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951448

Re: address bar in task bar is gone

Can you try to replace "C:\WINDOWS\System32\browserui.dll" with a version from SP2 and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help, but where am I supposed to get the SP2 version, so that I dont have to uninstall the SP3 and install it again. Any ideas?

I think that its actually the browseui.dll file and it does work but I was having some difficult time doing it as it kep telling me the file was in use. I finally tried to save mode and got the error but it did copy. Incase you can get the file in there, then it might work for you.

I am running XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 3. I believe this happenned when I installed the SP 3 download for Windows. The address bar disappeared at the bottom of my screen in the Windows Taskbar where the Quick Launch items are. The option to put it in by right-clicking in the task bar does not have the Address Toolbar as an option any more. Is that a result of the lawsuit or something? Is there any way to get it back? Any help would be appreciated.

HOW DID YOU REPAIR IT?